Friday Foodie Affair: Crisp Ham and Egg Cups



Crisp Ham and Egg Cups


Ingredients:

Nonstick cooking spray
4 slices black forest or Virginia ham
4 large eggs
salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh basin, scallions or parsley, optional

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Lightly coat 4 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Fit 1 slice of ham into each muffin cup (ham will hang over the edges of cups). Crack 1 egg into each cup. Bake in middle of the oven until whites are cooked but yolks are still runny, about 13 minutes. Season eggs with salt and pepper  and remove cups carefully. Sprinkle with chopped basin, scallions or parsley.

My Thoughts:

My ham/egg cups didn’t turn out quite the way they should have. I used thicker ham slices and it messed up the cooking time and then I somehow ended up overcooking it a little.  It still tasted good but the yolks weren’t really runny so it was more like a hard boiled egg wrapped in ham, lol.


This is a quick and simple recipe and I look forward to trying it again…just with thinner ham slices.

Photo Source: Me :)


4 comments

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.