The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

The Summer I Became a Nerd
By Leah Rae Miller

Series: Standalone
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Entangled Teen

Goodreads Summary:

On the outside, seventeen-year-old Madelyne Summers looks like your typical blond cheerleader – perky, popular, and dating the star quarterback. But inside, Maddie spends more time agonizing over what will happen in the next issue of her favorite comic book than planning pep rallies with her squad. That she’s a nerd hiding in a popular girl’s body isn’t just unknown, it’s anti-known. And she needs to keep it that way.

Summer is the only time Maddie lets her real self out to play, but when she slips up and the adorkable guy behind the local comic shop’s counter uncovers her secret, she’s busted. Before she can shake a pom-pom, Maddie’s whisked into Logan’s world of comic conventions, live-action role-playing, and first-person-shooter video games. And she loves it. But the more she denies who she really is, the deeper her lies become…and the more she risks losing Logan forever.

Links:

The Summer I Became a Nerd on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble
Leah Rae Miller’s Website

My Thoughts:
The Summer I Became a Nerd is a sweet read about a girl trying to find her place in life. It also made me wish I were a nerd. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a nerd alright but I never really got into comics, video games, or cosplay. Oh the things I missed out on! Especially the cute nerdy guys like Logan…

Hhmm, at what age does it become unacceptable to pine after a fictional YA character? Because I swear I don’t have cougar tendencies in real life, haha. How about I put it this way…the 16 year old me is nerd crushing on Logan. I’m also very excited that The Summer I Became a Nerd will have a sequel! Yay! I will surely be keeping an eye out for Romancing the Nerd to release so I can nerd crush on Dan too! Um….I mean so I can enjoy another great book by Leah Rae Miller :-P

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

2 comments

  1. Ha! I agree with you about Logan. How about an adult version of Logan??

    This book was adorable & I had no idea there was a sequel!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.