1. I get excited for new books and preorder them…and then don’t read them for months after they have released.
2. I have problems continuing series even if I loved the first book or two. A fantastic example of this is Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Lux series. I’ve read the first three books but I’m avoiding book four for no real reason. This irritates the heck out of a certain friend of mine!! I will admit that Evil Jen gets a teensy bit of enjoyment out of this.
3. I collect bookmarks but rarely use them. I guess I like to look at the pretties but don’t want to risk them being damaged. If it wasn’t a ridiculous idea I would consider putting bookmarks in all of my ‘short list’ books so they’re ready to go when I grab and run. That would require A LOT of bookmarks though since my ‘short list’ is an entire bookshelf with overflow onto a second bookshelf. Which brings me to my next habit.
4. I buy entirely too many books. More than I will ever be able to read. It’s debatable if this one is actually a BAD habit.
5. I procrastinate. A Lot. When I sign up to review books I usually wait until the week before my post date to read the book and a lot of times you’ll find me finishing my review and formatting my post 10pm the night before it’s to go live. Really, this could be the root of the problem with numbers 1 and 2 as well.
What bookish bad habits do you have?