Cover Love: Sunset Rising

Sunset Rising
By S.M. McEachern

Series: Sunset Rising #1
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian


Goodreads Summary:

February 2024: Desperate to find refuge from the nuclear storm, a group of civilians discover a secret government bio-dome. Greeted by a hail of bullets and told to turn back, the frantic refugees stand their ground and are grudgingly permitted entry. But the price of admission is high.

283 years later…Sunny O’Donnell is a seventeen-year-old slave who has never seen the sun. She was born in the Pit, a subterranean extension of the bio-dome. Though life had never been easy, lately it had become a nightmare. Her mom was killed in the annual Cull, and her dad thought it was a good time to give up on life. Reyes Crowe, her long-time boyfriend, was pressuring her to get marries, even though it would mean abandoning her father.

She didn’t think things could get any worse until she was forced upstairs to the Dome to be a servant-girl at a bachelor party. That’s where she met Leisel Holt, the president’s daughter, and her fiancĂ©, Jack Kenner.

Now Sunny is wanted for treason. If they catch her, she’ll be executed.

She thought Leisel’s betrayal was the end. But it was just the beginning.

Links:

Sunset Rising on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble


I don’t know that there’s anything overly exceptional about this cover but I still really like it. I just want to wrap myself in the warm colors! I also really like her dress sleeves, lol.

4 comments

  1. Yikes! that sounds dark. I'll have to go add that one on Goodreads.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Love that reaction.

      It does sound good though doesn't it!

      Delete
  2. I do love this cover!
    I think the cave entrance in the background looks like wings.
    And I like the lighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I also like that it's not the typical 'girl in dress' posed on the cover. It's different.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.