A Late Thaw by Ana Blaze

A Late Thaw
By Ana Blaze

Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance

Goodreads Summary:

Barrett, Vermont, home to nearly as many goats as people. It’s the perfect picturesque spot to stop for cocoa after a ski trip or to buy your Christmas tree from a hunky farmer wearing snug jeans and a pair of well-worn boots. Kiley St. Claire isn’t there for either. She’s come home for one reason and one reason only: make enough money waiting tables at the local tourist trap to survive her final semester of graduate school. Of course she is going to have to see that Christmas tree farmer eventually. That’s fine; Kiley isn’t the same nerdy little girl he palled around with. Nope, she’s done crushing on Cole Thomas. Totally done.

Cole thought he was ready, but seeing Kiley again is a punch to the gut. She rejected him and ran away without explanation. He still couldn’t imagine a future with another woman. Now at least he’ll have a chance to say what he’s needed to say for years and then, just maybe, he’ll be ready to move on. He only wishes she didn’t look so damn good in her uniform.

Links:

A Late Thaw on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble
Ana Blaze’s Website
My review of The Best Man by Ana Blaze

My Thoughts:

Since I enjoyed The Best Man so much I looked around to see what else Ana Blaze had written. I found a novella, A Late Thaw, for .99 on Amazon. Only $1 for a short, quick read? Where do I sign up? I ended up reading it right after The Best Man.

Unfortunately, this one didn’t impress me as much. Maybe the length was to blame, I don’t know, but it just felt under developed. The ‘sexy times’ weren’t as captivating and I didn’t fall for the characters. The ending also felt rushed.

Overall Rating: 3 out of 5

4 comments

  1. I just read a book with a very similar plot line - Second Chance Ranch by Cindi Madsen and I thought it was really good. It's adult though - this sounds NA (?) but it's fade to black sex stuff but still sexy lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought that one the other day lol! I'm a sucker for .99 books :-P

      Delete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.