Series Reviews: Kate Daniels #3 & 3.5

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels #3)
Goodreads Summary:

When magic strikes and Atlanta goes to pieces, it’s a job for Kate Daniels…

Drafted into working for the Order of Merciful Aid, mercenary Kate Daniels has more paranormal problems than she knows what to do with these days. And in Atlanta, where magic comes and goes like the tide, that’s saying a lot.

But when Kate's werewolf friend Derek is discovered nearly dead, she must confront her greatest challenge yet. As her investigation leads her to the Midnight Games—an invitation only, no holds barred, ultimate preternatural fighting tournament—she and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, uncover a dark plot that may forever alter the face of Atlanta's shapeshifting community…

My Thoughts:

This book was even better than the last. I laughed and I cried, for me that usually makes for an excellent read.

The action does not stop, which is something I am finding I love about this series. The banter and sexual tension between Kate & Curran builds with each book. I wonder...How long will it take for them to give in?
There were points in this story that made me gasp. I was sure one of the characters I have become so attatched to was not going to make it. This is definitely an "edge of your seat" kind of read and onr I highly recommend!

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Add it to Goodreads
Buy it from Amazon or Barnes & Noble

Magic Mourns (Kate Daniels #3.5)


Goodreads Summary:

Andrea Nash of the Order of Knights of Merciful Aid - with an assist from her friend, Kate Daniels - tries to figure out why the giant three-headed dog who guards the gates of Hades is sniffing around Atlanta.

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed seeing more of Andrea and Raphael. To top it off they were after Cerberus! How cool is that! Then theres vampires too. This story was certainly an adventure and not to be missed.

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Add it to Goodreads
Buy it from Amazon or Barnes & Noble

*This short story is also available in the anthology Must Love Hellhounds. (Link will take you to Goodreads.)*

Correct Reading Order:

√0.5- "A Questionable Client"*
√1- Magic Bites
√2- Magic Burns
√3- Magic Strikes
√3.5- "Magic Mourns"*
4- Magic Bleeds
4.5- "Magic Dreams"*
5- Magic Slays
5.3- "Magic Tests"*
5.4- "Magic Gifts"*
5.5- Gunmetal Magic
5.6- "Retribution Clause"*
6- Magic Rises- Release date: 07/30/13
*= short story


No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.