Breathless (Elemental #2.5) by Brigid Kemmerer

 

Summary:

Nick Merrick is supposed to be the level-headed one. The peacemaker. Since it’s just him and his three hotheaded brothers against the world, that’s a survival tactic.

But now he’s got problems even his brothers can’t help him survive.

His so-called girlfriend, Quinn, is going quick as mercury from daring to crazy. Meanwhile, Quinn’s dancer friend Adam is throwing Nick off balance, forcing him to recognize a truth he’d rather shove back into the dark.

He can feel it—the atmosphere is sizzling. Danger is on the way. But whatever happens next, Nick is starting to find out that sometimes nothing you do can keep the peace.

My Thoughts:

Warning: there’s a spoiler in my review…although that particular spoiler is all over the place so you may already know.

I love the Merrick brothers and I loved getting to see a little more of them in Breathless. It makes me all the more excited to get my hands on Spirit. Hunter is the main character in Spirit but I know we’ll still be seeing a lot of the brothers as well.

There is some controversy floating around about this novella because the main character may or may not be gay…to that I say pish posh!! Brigid Kemmerer’s writing is fantastic. Her stories are original and engaging and that’s all that should matter. Seriously, if you avoid reading this series because of one small thing then you’re REALLY missing out, simple as that!

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Breathless on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble
Brigid Kemmerer’s website


1 comment

  1. Agreed. This novella was one of the strongest reads of the series so far. I loved it, and I can't WAIT for Nick's full story.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.