If We Survive by Andrew Klavan


Summary:

What do you do when a mission trip suddenly leaves you caught in the middle of a revolution?

Will Peterson is part of a mission team that has traveled to Costa Verde to rebuild the wall of a school. It’s been a great trip – until a revolution breaks out just before they board their plane to go home.

But then it becomes a desperate race to escape: from a firing squad, from savage animals in the depths of the jungle, from prison cells and revolutionaries with machine guns.

One of the girls is showing Will amazing things about what it means to be truly fearless. And one of the guys has the makings of a real hero. None of them will go home the same. If they only survive.

My Thoughts:

Lately I have been reading a lot of books that remind me, in small ways, of ones I’ve read previously. I heard of If We Survive right before I read and reviewed Fatal Intent by Ryshia Kennie (my review) but didn’t get my hands on it until recently. They sounded a little similar, in that both involve surviving in the jungle.  I had such high hopes for Fatal Intent but I was left disappointed at the lack of emotion coming off the pages.

Thankfully, If We Survive lived up to my expectations. It's suspenseful and very hard to put down…in fact I started it the day it came in the mail and only put it down to get some much needed Zzz’s. I picked it right up the next morning and devoured the last of it. The things that these characters were forced to see…and the amount that they were forced to grow….just wow. If you're looking to add a little adventure to your life definitely check out this book.

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

If We Survive on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble
Andrew Klavan's website


1 comment

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.