Rock The Drop!!

I came across this today and even though it was last minute I decided to Rock the Drop!

This is from Readergirlz website, it explains Rock the Drop...

Readergirlz and Figment are going to ROCK THE DROP in honor of Support Teen Lit Day  Thursday, April 14th. We can’t wait! Here’s how you can get involved:

* Snag the banner at left, created by the uber-talented David Ostow (who blogs hilarious cartoons here), and add it to your website, linking back to this post to share the love, and proclaiming that you will indeed ROCK THE DROP next week!

* Print a copy of the bookplate below and insert it into a book (or 10!) that you'll drop on April 14th. Drop a book in a public spot (park bench, bus seat, restaurant counter?) and you’re done. Lucky finders will see that the book is part of ROCK THE DROP!

* Snap a photo of your drop and email readergirlz AT gmail DOT com with the pic -- we'll be posting lots of pictures of drops happening all over the world, and our friends at Figment will also be featuring the event!
My Drop:

A friend and I were walking at a large yet very busy park this evening and we were on the look out for a place to make the drop without being noticed. We finally found a mostly empty pavillion and left it on a table and quickly snuck away. The only problem is I was so preoccupied with my super stealth abilities that I completely forgot to take a picture of my drop, shame on me! Anyway, some lucky stranger will find a copy of Swoon by Nina Malkin and hopefully have a better day for it!

Drop Update:

I went back to the park today (4/15) out of curiousity and the book is still in the pavillion so I snapped a quick picture with my phone.

It's a beautiful day, so I'm sure it will get snatched up this evening!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.