The First Days (As The World Dies #1) by Rhiannon Frater



The morning that the world ends, Katie is getting ready for court and housewife Jenni is taking care of her family. Less than two hours later, they are fleeing for their lives from a zombie horde.

Thrown together by circumstance, Jenni and Katie become a powerful zombie-killing partnership, mowing down zombies as they rescue Jenni's stepson, Jason, from an infected campground.

They find sanctuary in a tiny, roughly fortified Texas town.  There Jenni and Katie find they are both attracted to Travis, leader of the survivors; and the refugees must slaughter people they know, who have returned in zombie
form.

My Review:

The First Days isn’t filled with the happy go lucky zombies like in some of the recent zombie books. This book gets to the nitty gritty of a very dark and creepy existence. It makes you wonder how long you would survive and how you would react if it were happening to you. 

If you have a weak stomach this may not be a book for you. Right from the start you’re thrown into this frightening new reality and throughout the book the characters are forced to fight for their lives. It’s definitely not a flowers and lace kind of life. This book is disturbingly creepy and I loved every second of it!

I don’t normally gush over books…it’s just not my style. But if I were a gusher (no, not the fruity snacks, haha) this book would definitely be gushed over. I will say that if you can handle a little blood and gore I highly recommend this book!

 
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

2 comments

  1. I've been wanting to read this ever since Walking Dead's season premier! I'm glad you liked it so much! Now I know I'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.