Posts on Pages: Books that changed our reading habits


Posts on Pages

Who handwrites things these days? Not many people I'm sure. I'm a big list person so I'm always writing (and rewriting) lists, etc. and I thought it would be fun to do a series of Posts on Pages where Wendy and I will hand write blog posts. Please excuse any messy writing or white out marks :)

For our first set of Posts on Pages, we will show/write about books that have changed our reading habits.

 My post is below and Wendy will be doing her first Posts on Pages tomorrow so make sure to stop back to check it out!


In high school I was a big fan of King, Koontz, and Cook but I mostly stopped reading after I graduated. A few years later I met Maria V. Snyder and bought her book. I ended up loving Poison Study and it kicked off a new found love of reading. I flew through A LOT of books by James Patterson and John Sandford all while ignoring current book 'fads' like Twilight and Harry Potter. Then a friend forced me to read Twilight and as much as I didn't want to I ended up really enjoying the series. From there I devoured the first 9 Sookie Stackhouse books. I was hooked on paranormal books and I still am. Along with paranormal, I also enjoy contemporary romance, some dystopian, young adult, urban fantasy, and a random thriller here and there.


What books have changed your reading habits?



14 comments

  1. Well first of all I love this idea! (I love the colors you chose)

    And second - King, Koontz, and Cook? Really! I have read everything by them! Well maybe except for a few of the most recent ones.
    One of my other faves when I was younger was V C Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-P

      Yeah, I read quite a few of King, Koontz, and Cook but probably not as many as you.

      Delete
  2. Great idea to actually handwrite posts. Your handwriting is really neat and easy to read!

    For me Twillight also changed my reading habits, for a long time I only read high and epic fantasy books, until I began to realize that these weren't the books I wanted to read. I saw someone reading Twillight in my work cafetaria and decided to buy it, since then I finally got the feeling I read the kind of books that I like. I found my new favourite genres like urban fantasy and paranormal romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does have crazy neat handwriting doesn't she?

      Delete
    2. Lol, sometimes. I normally write fast and it comes out messy but if I slow down then it's not so bad.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Lolita :)

    It's great being able to find the genres you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a few Koontz and King but haven't read Cook yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if I'd still be into King and Koontz if I read them but I could definitely get into Cook again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually write all my stories by hand - the old fashioned way! Sickening, but it's what works best for me. I can't backspace / delete, editing as I go. I just scribble away and get it all out. It's when entering it into the computer the first time that I do a first round of edits.

    Works for me!!

    LOVE Snyder's Poison Study series. Prob the best fantasy books I picked up last year.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's a lot of writing! But like you said, it's whatever works best for you.

      I handwrite book reviews sometimes but I think that's probably the most I write at one time.

      If you love the Study series then definitely check out her Healer series!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they're on my to read list as well! Just wish I had MORE TIME! ha!

      Delete
  7. I read a lot of English literature when I was in college. Got a job, and didn't have time to read for a while, then found Agatha Christie--got hooked on mysteries, then Nancy Pickard and Elizabeth George, and made time for books again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I love this idea, too! Though if my blog partner and I try it, it will be an experiment in how illegible readers find our handwriting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, if nothing else it could be entertainment for your readers ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.