Friday Favorites: Cities

 
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of our favorite things.
 
We all talk a lot about books on our blogs, but what about other things we like? Friday Favorites is a meme hosted by Epic (Chocolate) Fantasy that gives book bloggers a chance to gush about something other than novels. This week's topic is favorite cities.

Jen's favorite city/cities 

I don't think I've been to my favorite city yet. There are places that I've enjoyed but I wouldn't want to live there. So instead of talking about my favorite city/cities I'll just list two places I've enjoyed and why.

Las Vegas~ There's so much to see in Vegas and the lights at night are absolutely gorgeous but I'm not a big city girl so anything over a week would be too much for this country bumpkin.
(Click here if you want to see some of my pictures from our Vegas Vacation)

Watkins Glen~ I love being around water so the Watkins Glen area is a big draw for me. There are waterfalls all over the place, even randomly along the roadside. There are also the finger lakes which are surrounded by wineries. One of my favorite things was driving parallel to the lake and smelling the sweet scent of grapes in the wind. Really, it's such an amazing smell! One of the downfalls of the area (aside from the tons of spiders *shivers*)  is that it's a tourist town. One of the reasons I won't move ever want to move back to my hometown in 'amish country' is for that very reason...I don't want to deal with constant out of towners.
(Click here and here to read more about our two trips to Watkins Glen)


Wendy's favorite city/cities


I agree with Jen, I have yet to visit my favorite city. I do have a few in mind that I am sure I would love if I ever get the chance to visit, so those are the ones I will share with you.

Paris, France~ I have read several books set in Paris and it just sounds so beautiful. It is at the top of my list of vacation wishes.

Las Vegas, Nevada~ I don't want to go to gamble, but I think (from pictures I have seen) that the strip at night would be an awesome sight!

Seattle, Washington~ I know, I know its rainy. Why there you say? I love the rain! And besides that I am a Seahawks fan!

Rio de Janeiro~ I really want to go during Carnival I just think it would be beautiful and an amazing experience. 



Past Friday Favorite Posts
Jen & Wendy posting here @ At Random (TV Shows)
Jen posting @ GReeps Through the Shelves (Songs)
Jen & Wendy posting here @ At Random (Foods)
Jen posting @ GReeps Through the Shelves (Actors)

4 comments

  1. Jen - I've never heard of Watkins Glen, but it sounds cool! Pretty sure I wouldn't like Vegas as much though ;)

    Wendy - I'd love to visit Seattle and Rio too! Although you kind of jumped the gun on a future places you want to visit topic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, sorry Kate. But that's ok cause I haven't really been anywhere so I am sure I can think up different places I want to visit :-)

      Delete
    2. Aww, sorry Kate. But that's ok cause I haven't really been anywhere so I am sure I can think up different places I want to visit :-)

      Delete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.