Shelf Candy Saturday (41): Otherworld Assassins by Gena Showalter

Shelf Candy Saturday is hosted by A Night's Dream of Books.



Summary of Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassins #1)


THE SWEETEST TEMPTATION

Black ops agent Solomon Judah awakens caged and bound in a twisted zoo where otherworlders are the main attractions. Vika Lukas, the owner’s daughter, is tasked with Solo’s care and feeding. The monster inside him yearns to kill her on sight, even though she holds the key to his escape. But the human side of him realizes the beautiful deaf girl is more than she seems – she’s his.

THE ULTIMATE PRICE…

Vika endures the captives’ taunts and loathing, hoping to keep them alive even if she can’t free them. Only, Solo is different – he protects her. But as hostility turns to forbidden romance, his feelings for her will be used against him…and he’ll be put to a killer test.


Gena Showalter's website
Otherworld Assassins on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble



I originally planned on posting something different for this week's shelf candy saturday but I quickly scrapped that idea when I laid my eyes on the cover of Black and Blue! Both covers are absolutely stunning. I love that they are mostly grey aside from the bold colors of the fonts and dresses. It makes the brilliant blue (and red) stand out that much more. These are both covers that just jump off the shelf and say READ ME!!  And ironically enough, that's how I found Last Kiss Goodnight. I was cruising around my local book store looking for a different book and Last Kiss Goodnight practically jumped in my hands and asked to go home with me. I couldn't say no...I mean look at that cover!!


4 comments

  1. Hi, Jen!

    Oh...WOW!!!!! These covers are just amazingly GORGEOUS!! But you know which one I prefer, right? Lol. When I came here, my eyes zoomed in on that BLUE cover!!!! Oh, cover lust!! I WANT that blue dress!! Oh, blue, blue, blue...."How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...."

    You know what's so incredible about these covers? That each dress becomes the element represented by its color. For example, the red dress turns into fire, at the bottom of the cover. The blue dress turns into water, beautiful, flowing, VERY blue water....

    I also like the plot of each novel! I really must HAVE these books!!! I'll get the red one right away, but oh, October seems SOOOO far away now....

    Thanks for featuring these beauties, and for participating in "Shelf Candy Saturday"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I knew you'd love the blue cover! And I completely agree that it's awesome how both dresses represent an element!

      Delete
  2. I love the cover for Black and Blue. I haven't read The Last Kiss Goodnight yet, hopefully I'll get around to it in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.