Series Reviews: Kate Daniels # 2

Goodreads Summary:
Down in Atlanta, tempers – and temperatures – are about to flare…
As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards. Normally, waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. Now Kate’s going to have to deal with problems on a much bigger scale: a divine one.

When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta’s paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she quickly realizes much more at stake. During a flare, gods and goddesses can manifest –and battle for power. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug-of-war between two gods hoping for rebirth. And if Kate can’t stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive…

My Thoughts:

After finishing book 1 (Magic Bites) I immediately dove into this one. I am so glad I did. I loved this one even more than the first. I am really kicking myself for putting this series off as long as I have, it is fantastic so far.

The characters just pull you right into their world. Kate is definitely a heroine that can hold her own in a fight. Curran...*sigh* is such an Alpha male. The tension and banter between them is as funny as it is frustrating.

As for the side characters, I really like Derek (a wolf) and Andrea. Her little reveal in this one was a shocker! Raphael (a hyena) is another character I want to know more about too.

I would definitely recommend this book. So far the series has not disappointed!

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Add to Goodreads.
Buy from Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
Find Ilona Andrews on Goodreads or her Website.

Correct Reading Order:

√ 0.5- "A Questionable Client"*
√ 1- Magic Bites
√ 2- Magic Burns
3- Magic Strikes
3.5- "Magic Mourns"*
4- Magic Bleeds
4.5- "Magic Dreams"*
5- Magic Slays
5.3- "Magic Tests"*
5.4- "Magic Gifts"*
5.5- Gunmetal Magic
5.6- "Retribution Clause"*
6- Magic Rises- Release date: 07/30/13
*~short story

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.