Friday Foodie Affair: Chili Dip Recipe Review




Chili Dip

 

Pic Source, their recipe is a little different but generally the same concept.
 
I was going to make a batch and take my own picture but I, uuuhhhh, kind of ate the cream cheese before that happened...oopsies :-P. My pretzels just threw themselves into the cream cheese so really what could I do?!


Ingredients:

1 can Hormel Chili (with or without beans, your choice)
1 package Cream Cheese (at room temp)
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Tostitos Scoops (or whatever chip you prefer)

Directions:

-Spread cream cheese in bottom of a cake pan (I used an 8 x 8 glass baking dish).
-Cover cream cheese with the chili.
-Top with shredded cheese.
-Bake at 375 until the cheese is melted and it’s warm in the middle.

My Thoughts:

Aw man this stuff is good!! Seriously, it's the shit! Who even needs chips; I would happily eat it right out of the container. I may or may have not done just that...but I will admit to nothing!  Mmmmm, I'm drooling just thinking about it. The cheesy goodness....mmm. I also love canned chili so it was win, win, win! Plus it's very simple to make (my favorite way to cook), just layer the ingredients, bake, and tada! I definitely recommend it to any cheesy chili lovers...wait, did I just call you all cheesy?! Well you know what I mean ;-)

How I came across it:

I was searching for a quick and easy recipe back around superbowl time and Anna (Annaberry Reads) came to my rescue with this delish dish! Her version is made in the crockpot but I’m sure it ends up tasting the same. Thank you Anna!!!

10 comments

  1. I love that stuff! I'm going to make it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HMMM I don't suppose you can get that chilli with or without meat?? I may have to make my own. Other than that it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm not really sure but my guess would be no.

      Delete
  3. Ha! Don't eat before photo! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just can't do anything chili unfortunately! I'm still looking for those cool plates you used for the yogurts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, no they're not. I was thinking I used different plates. Lemme check....Tupperware, they're Tupperware plates. Lol

      Delete
  5. Oh too funny ...great minds do think alike. My kids love this dip.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.