Shelf Candy Saturday (48): Stung by Bethany Wiggins


Shelf Candy Saturday is hosted by A Night's Dream of Books

It has been almost three months since I've posted a Shelf Candy Saturday and boy does time fly! I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things and start posting 2 each month...or more if the mood strikes me :)


 Stung (Stung #1) by Bethany Wiggins


There is no cure for being stung.

Fiona doesn't remember going to sleep. But when she opens her eyes, she discovers her entire world has been altered - her house is abandoned and broken, and the entire neighborhood is barren and dead. Even stranger is the tattoo on her right hand - a black oval with five marks on either side - that she doesn't remember getting but somehow knows she must cover at any cost. She's right.

Those bearing the tattoo have turned into mindless, violent beasts that roam the streets and sewers, preying upon the unbranded while a select few live protected inside a fortress-like wall, their lives devoted to rebuilding society and killing all who bear the mark.

Now Fiona has awakened branded, along - and on the wrong side of the wall.

Bethany Wiggins' Website


Cured (Stung #2)
 Releases March 2014



I only heard about Stung because the kindle book just happened to have been on a sale list I was looking at and I'm glad it was because it sounds like a very good book. I'm an admitted cover whore so I also love all of these covers! One of the things that stands out to me is the detail of the bee on the Stung cover to the right. It took me a while to realize that it's actually a syringe within the body of the bee. These covers just have an overall ominous feel  which of course calls to me and my love of creepy books.


2 comments

  1. These covers are really cool! but... I think my Saturday "shelf candy" beats yours! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jen!

    I had no idea you had continued to participate in this meme. Why didn't you come over and comment on my SCS post for this day?

    I'm thinking of making this a blog hop again. (Currently, it's just a personal meme, with no Linky widget, so I don't know why you put continued to "participate".) Would you be interested in linking up your posts again? Let me know. I have a contact email on my blog. I don't see any for you, so that's why I left this comment. Thanks!

    Oh, and I LOVE these covers! I hate insects, but here they look like real ART. GREAT choices!! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.