State of Decay (Part One) by Peggy Martinez

State of Decay
By Peggy Martinez
 
Series: Part One of a novella series
Genre: Young Adult, Zombies, Apocalyptic

Despite what you’ve been told, the Apocalypse doesn’t begin with fire raining down from the heavens, nor does it begin with the human race falling down on their faces in supplication before a triumphant god. No, the sounds of the Apocalypse are much more terrifying than that, and I should know…I’ve heard them, and hearing the world tumble into chaos around me is not something I’ll ever forget.

My name is Melody Carter.

A Boeing 767 fell from the sky and wiped out most of my neighborhood.

But, that’s the least of my worries.

My list of “Things I’m Most Worried About” shifted dramatically when my dad told me that charred corpses tried to make a meal out of their rescuers…I’m thinking yours would too.

This is the beginning of my story.
 
It’s not for the faint of heart.

***This is PART ONE in the ongoing zombie apocalypse novella series, State of Decay. A new story will be released every 304 weeks, until Melody’s story has been told.
 
State of Decay on Goodreads and Amazon
Peggy Martinez's Website
 
My Thoughts:

In a way I’m glad this was a novella. There were some errors that jumped out at me and slowed my pace and I wasn’t really emotionally attached to the characters. The ending was actually the best part for me and the only part that got any reaction out of me. It’s also the ending may just have convinced me to continue reading this series.

Overall Rating: 3 of 5

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.