Movie Review: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

 
 

Photo Source: IMDB.com

Night of the Living Dead
1968 - George A Romero

This was my first time watching any of the classic zombie movies and it’s amazing to see how much has changed in 45 years of filmmaking!

Once I noticed that Night of the Living Dead was a black and white film I really wasn’t sure what I would think of it. Normally I tend to watch movies made in the 80’s or more recent. Overall I enjoyed my first adventure into classic zombies but I will admit that I ended up chuckling at some things and some of the characters. Like Barbara. I can’t help but compare her to Maggie or Michone on the Walking Dead (I’m so excited that the new season has started!!), Katie or Jenni in Rhiannon Frater’s As the World Dies series, or even Ashley in Dana Fredsti’s Ashley Parker series. The roles that women play and how they’re portrayed has drastically changed in movies and books. Women are fighting back and women are now surviving!

Although I did enjoy my time spent in 1968, I’m a huge fan of special effects, kick butt action scenes, and strong women and because of that I have to say that I still prefer current films over the classics.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.