RAT Updates

This is where I will post any updates during the RAT (Read-a-thon). I will put the most current updates at the top so you don't have to go hunting for them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't added an update for a while because I went to bed for a little...shame on me I know. I set an alarm so I could be awake to get my mini challenge rolling then figured I would decide where to go from there. And I think I'm going to bow out gracefully and try for more sleep.

A big thanks to everyone who has stopped by to visit and cheer me on :) I had a great first half!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 more hours to go!

Pages Read: 309 in Sugar Rush; 186 in The Next Full moon
Currently Reading: I am just about to start Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 more hours to go!

Pages Read: 309 in Sugar Rush & 138 in The Next Full Moon
Bookmarks Used: None until just now and with all of these bookmarks sitting next to me, what do I use? My phone!
Breaks: I stopped to eat a quick dinner with the hubs.
Currently Reading: The Next Full Moon


MID EVENT SURVEY:


1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
I'm surprisingly not sleepy at all. No tired eyes either.

2) What have you finished reading?
Sugar Rush  by Donna Kauffman

3) What is your favorite read so far?
I've only finished one so I'll go with Sugar Rush again

4) What about your favorite snacks?
Well I haven't snacked for a while, but I did enjoy the very salty pretzels


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been switching up my drinks every so often because I'm not thrilled with drinking warm stuff unless it's supposed to be warm. And my being the smart a** that I am decided to find a new way to warn hubs away from my drinks



















They say 'Germs' and 'Ew! Yuk! Don't Drink!' Hehe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random thought: I haven't had ANY caffeine so far during this RAT! Normally during RAT's I'm so hopped up on high sugar/high caffeine so this is quite the change. Coffee is sounding pretty tasty at the moment but for now I'm going to avoid it. We'll see how long I last without it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really!?! We're half way through hour 11??? How did that happen?

I just now finished Sugar Rush by Donna Kauffman, and I definitely enjoyed the book!

Pages Read: 309
Bookmarks Used: Just my post-it again because I was determined to finish this book!
Breaks: Ah, who knows at this point!
Currently Reading: The Next Full Moon by Carolyn Turgeon

I decided to play it smart and put my collection of bookmarks next to my RAT book pile so with each book I can pick an assortment of bookmarks to keep close at hand. It only took me 11 hours to figure that one out, jeesh! So for The Next Full Moon I picked out the blue bookmarks laying in front of the book...because they have to match right!?!

PS, Thanks again to my all of my book buddies who have sent me bookmarks over the months :-P


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're into hour 9

It's Raining, It's Pouring, The Old Man is Snoring... Oh wait, this is a read a thon not a sing a thon...woops.

As you can tell from that ^ it's  raining pretty hard and I heard some rumbles of thunder.

I'm not even going to bother updating my status since I haven't gotten very far.

Bookmarks Used: Post-it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hour 8...possibly...they start to meld together after a while!

Pages Read: 200...ok, ok, technically its 197 but I'm SO close to the 200 mark and it just sounds better
Bookmarks Used: 2 (my iphone, corner of my mucinex box)
Breaks: I'm currently breaking for a late lunch...and considering talking hubs into getting take out on his way home from work later so I don't have to feed myself again, haha
Currently Reading: Still on Sugar Rush...it's a good book but for the RAT it feels neverending

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we're on hour 6 now. I still don't feel like I've accomplished much but that's what I get for picking a 300 page book as my first read, haha

Pages Read: 141
Bookmarks Used: 3 again (Chapstick, a bill that was laying on the counter, and my cupcake monster)
Breaks: NONE to the smartie pants that yelled at me for my post office trip!!
Currently Reading: Still on Sugar Rush

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thon has been going on for 3 hours so far and here's what I've accomplished.

Pages Read: 75, I normally read a bit faster but I choose to blame my developing head cold for my lack of concentration :)
Bookmarks Used: 3 (sharpie, tissue, and a cupcake corner bookmark monster)
Breaks: I made a quick trip to the post office to mail book related things...that counts right?!

Currently Reading: Sugar Rush by Donna Kauffman





23 comments

  1. What???? You took the time to run to the PO? Are you crazy?
    My best friend called from TX and I told her I couldn't talk and would call her back tomorrow, and you just run to the PO????

    I like your diversity in bookmark use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, in my defense, the post office is only a mile away :)

      Delete
  2. Sugar rush, sounds good, what's it about? Mom, don't judge Jenn on her PO trip. She's just not as serious about the RAT as we are ;) after all, she was NOT here at 7:30 for breakfast.

    Love ya Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sugar rush is about cupcakes silly, can't you tell by the cover?! Just messing with you. It's pretty good so far. you should check it out

      PS thanks for having my back ;0

      Delete
  3. Here to cheer! That's one adorable bookmark monster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! The readathon is a terrible time for a cold :( Orange juice?

    Hope you're enjoying your cupcake book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, hope you're not getting a cold. That won't help you to read. I love the cover on Sugar Rush - its cute. Keep on plugging away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing fantastic! I would have a very hard time keeping my concentration on a 300 page book, I am short attention span girl, and usually doing too many different things at the same time (thus not finishing any of them!) I have to to stick to short or larger font books for this read-a-thon for sure! I really like the bookmark updates, that's funny!

    Keep up the great reading and have a wonderful day!

    --Shaunie (Team Mercutio)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing great! Kudos for reading with a developing head cold! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its raining here too!
    You are doing good for not feeling well!
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I get a comment all prepared in my head, I see that mom has already posted what I was going to say! Anyway, yes it's raining here too. And I hope you feel better!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on finishing a book! Hope you're feeling better. I love the bookmarks with the doggies on them! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all of the visits and cheering! I appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Congrats on finishing! And how are you surviving without caffeine?? I've been chugging various forms of caffeine all day! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure lol! I'm thankfully not tired yet...and I even had to sleep in the living room last night because of my coughing. Maybe I should try to get a head cold for every thon....or not ;)

      Delete
  12. Haha that funny about the drinks!
    Have an iced coffee, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thinking coffee is coming soon for me. I'm getting giggly tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tired already!? You're going to have a looong night! Beware of toothpicks!

      Delete
  14. Love your notes on the drinks! Hope the last half of the RAT goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I am surprised you are still awake considering the way you feel and the drugs you are taking hmm that sounded bad, oh well :-)
    Let me know if you do decide to go to bed so I don't text you in the middle of the night and wake you up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol - love those notes! Hope you're able to get some more reading done. I'm laying with the dog now so odds are I might fall asleep and never get past the ten pages I've managed to read today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing that too (laying with the dog and reading that is) but he got up after 15 minutes so I figured I should too.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.