Stuff aka I have no creative titles in mind

Since my last post...


BOOKS

I read a second book! Maybe, just maybe, my book drought is a thing of the past. This book really was a good choice for me. North of Need by Laura Kaye is about a snow god. It's sweet and sexy and perfect for my snow loving heart.

Aaaand if you can believe it, I just read a THIRD post drought book today! Can it be? Is the drought REALLY over?! Mayhem by Jamie Shaw was another great pick for me. I loved it...nerdy girl, hot rocker guys...sigh...so good!




I'm definitely craving romance books right now so I'm sure my next read will be more of the same.


COVERS

I stumbled on a couple covers that drew my eye.




FOOD

I found another good (and easy) recipe. Parmesan Chicken and Rice Casserole. My rice ended up a little runny but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. Every few bites I couldn't help but mumble "so good".

I also had a dud of a recipe but I kind of knew I wouldn't like it ahead of time. It was a lemon garlic chicken with red potatoes and green beans (I don't have the link anymore, whoops). I'm just not into lemon or green beans but I tried it thinking hubby would appreciate me using green beans without any arm twisting involved (heh). Turns out he's not a fan of lemon either! Good news!

- - -

A few things I've never tried but definitely plan to...hopefully sooner rather than later...

Leeks - I found a potato leek soup recipe that looks amazing. I also found one here so I'm not sure yet which I'll try first.

Hot Sauce - Can you believe I've never used it? I grew up on bland Pennsylvania Dutch cooking and just never learned to cook with it.

Quinoa - I never even heard of this until I stumbled on a Quinoa chicken chili recipe.

Hominy - Another item I hadn't heard of until my friend Anna (Annaberry Reads) schooled me.

I'm pretty sure I'll have to sneak some of these things into my meal schedule without telling hubby. He's not always adventurous when it comes to food. Heck he wouldn't even try a chili omelet until I made one for myself on a day he wasn't around. I raved about it and then all of a sudden he wanted to try it, haha. Men.

Well that's all I have for now. Until next time...

5 comments

  1. That cover for When My Heart Was Wicked is absolutely gorgeous, it definitely makes me want to read the book for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous isn't it? I love artsy covers like that!

      Delete
  2. Hehe. My hubby is nervous about trying new foods too. Hope you like the new recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna :)

      I tried a broccoli cheese soup tonight and it was aight. I guess I'm not much of a broccoli soup person I guess

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhh I have North of Need downloaded on my nook. Do you think I would like it?

    That Parmesan chic and rice sounds really good, I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.