Nocturne by Syrie James

Goodreads Book Summary:

When Nicole Whitcomb’s car runs off a Colorado mountain road during a blinding snowstorm, she is saved from death by a handsome, fascinating, and enigmatic stranger.

Snowbound with him for days in his beautiful home high in the Rockies, she finds herself powerfully attracted to him and soon comes to realize that the feeling is mutual. But there are things about him that mystify her, filling her with apprehension –and Nicole can’t shake the feeling that he doesn’t want her there.

Who is Michael Tyler? Why does he live alone in such a secluded spot and guard his private life so carefully? What secret –or secrets –is he hiding?

Nicole has secrets of her own and a past she is running from –but Michael understands her better than anyone she has ever known. Soon, she is falling as deeply in love with him as he is with her. But as the sexual tension between them builds, the clues mount up. When Nicole learns that terrifying truth –that her host is an ages-old vampire who is town between his love for her and his desire for her blood –there’s nowhere for her to run but into the blizzard raging outside, and he’s the only one who can save her life.

Filled with unexpected twists and surprises, Nocturne is a page-turning, haunting, and deeply romantic story of forbidden love that will grab your heart and not let go.

My Review:

I found this book in the Horror section at Borders but it definitely is not a horror. Even though it was not the genre I expected, I will give it two enthusiastic thumbs up! It’s a slow building romance with all of the tensions you would expect from a vampire/human love affair.

I saw some bad reviews of this book, but I enjoyed it and I think Syrie James did an awesome job considering the story only has two characters and is set in one location. The way she describes things (music and the scenery for example) is nothing short of remarkable. It makes me want to hop on a plane and fly to Colorado!

I will definitely be buying her other book Dracula, My Love!

1 comment

  1. I agree, definitely not a horror novel! Can't wait to hear what you think of Dracula, My Love. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.