Why the bookish drought? I wish I knew. I think maybe something is just missing right now. I’m still working on figuring out what that something is but whatever it is it has taken the fun out of reading and blogging. The thought has crossed my mind to just stop blogging/reviewing but I’m not ready to make that decision.
What have I been up to during my bookish drought?
- Vacation – Hubby and I spent a few days at a cabin in the New York Finger Lakes region. It wasn’t nearly as relaxing as it should have been so we ended up going home a day early.
- Various Halloween activities. Due to lack of time (or just laziness, whichever) I scrapped my original idea of being zombie Red Riding Hood aka Zed Riding Hood. Instead I dressed up as Waldo…well Wenda if you want to get technical. You can see a pic of me as Wenda on twitter (@LRAtRandom) if you’d like.
- My husband has me hooked on woot.com so I’ve been spending time and money there. I really need to break myself of this one!
- I’ve been compiling an emergency kit for my car. It’s something that has been in the back of my mind for a while and winter is coming so I figured why not now. Better to be safe than sorry, right?
- TV…like usual I watch too much TV. I’m insanely excited to have The Walking Dead back on. I need to catch up on watching Castle and Z Nation. My coworker keeps talking to me about Castle so really I need to catch up on the current season so she stops spoiling it, haha.
- We have a new couch arriving in a couple days! Yay!
- Cooking…I always used to enjoy baking and loathe cooking but that has changed recently. I’ve been expanding my cooking skills a little much to the dismay of mine and my hubby’s waistlines (lol). I’ve been having fun searching for new recipes to try. I also took the time (and am still taking the time) to compile two recipe books. One recipe book is for recipes I want to try and the other is for recipes I’ve tried, liked/loved, and plan to make again.
- Three recipes I’ve tried (and loved) recently. Tater Tot Bake; Easiest Crock PotChicken Dinner; Ham & Cheese French Toastie Roll Ups
Books I’ve purchased…because of course I would still buy books even though I haven’t read :)
-AsYou Wish by Cary Elwes
-TheArt of Eating Through the Zombie Apocalypse because zombies…enough said.
-LittleDead Riding Hood because the first book in the series, Cinderskella, was adorbs.
-I’m pretty sure there’s another paperback I bought recently but I can’t think of it at the moment
-Various kindle freebies or cheapies (probably zombie books)
Comics I’ve purchased…because I’m convinced I will start reading comics…one of these days.
-Volumes 2 and 3 of iZombie because zombies.
-Rot & Ruin #2 because Jonathan Maberry rocks and again…zombies.
-Marvel Zombies #1 not that I’ve read any other marvel comics but yeah…zombies
A November Release that deserves a little love even if I don’t do an official release post.
Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This is the second book in the series. I haven’t read it YET (stupid drought) but I read the first in the series, The Naturals, and trust me it’s awesome!
What have you been up to?