World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2) by Susan Ee

World After
By Susan Ee

Series: Penryn & the End of Days #2
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Angels, Post-Apocalyptic
Publisher: Skyscape

In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what’s left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn’s sister Paige, thinking she’s a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels’ secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can’t rejoin the angels, can’t take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn to survive, which will he choose?

Links:

World After on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble
Susan Ee’s Website

My Thoughts:

Most of the time I read a book and then once I’m finished I immediately begin to loose pieces of it. I guess you could say I’m the love ‘em and leave ‘em type of person when it comes to books. That sounds bad but it’s true, I enjoy books while I’m reading them but most of the time I easily move on after.

Once in a while a book or series will worm its way in further and that’s what happened with both Angelfall and World After. I want this series to be a neverending story because I simply cannot get enough of Penryn, Raffe, DeeDum, Paige, and even Penryn’s mom. Much to his dismay I’m sure, I have even started calling my dog Pookey Bear which is a name that comes up in World After.

World After does NOT, I repeat does NOT suffer the dreaded second book syndrome. I can see myself pimping this series for a very long time.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

3 comments

  1. Wow 5 out of 5! You don't do that very often.
    I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this one for review but hadn't read the first yet. I was about to pass it on until I started reading how much everyone loves this series. So I picked up the first book. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, what a good book pimp you are, too. You did, afterall, get me hooked on it just like you. It IS an incredible series, and I'm so glad you talked me into reading it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and will try to respond to comments as much as possible.